Leek Cattle Market is run by a separate company Leek Auctions Ltd which is jointly owned by the Leek auctioneering and surveying firm of Graham Watkins & Co and Bagshaws LLP the Staffordshire / Derbyshire auctioneering and rural practise partnership.
Mark and Meg Elliott auctioneer in the store and dairy cattle sections, with Graham Watkins selling the sheep and calves.
Bruce Daniel continues to be the Company Secretary and auctioneer for the clean and barren cattle sections.
The Cattle Market provides the following services:-
- Each Tuesday sale of all classes of cattle and sheep.
- Autumn/ Early Winter sales of store sheep with up to 5,000 head on offer.
- Spring and Autumn special sales of suckler Bred calves.
- Fortnightly Saturday sales of poultry, small stock and sundries.
- Periodical Collective Sales of Implements and Effects.
- The Market is situated just on the outskirts of the town of Leek, off Junction Road ST13 5PY.
- Only Cattle Market in Staffordshire.
- Good attendance of farmers and buyers for both Store and finished Stock.
- Free marketing advice on the sale of all classes of stock.
- Graham Watkins 07976 370894
Selling Times each Tuesday
Rearing Calves 9.30 am.
Tested Barren Cows 10.00 am.
followed by Clean Cattle and Untested Barren Cows
All Classes of Sheep 11.00 am
Dairy Cows followed by Store Cattle 11.00 am