Renting out your Property
If you are thinking of renting out your property and would like a free valuation simply fill in the contact form located on our website and one of our team will be in touch.
If you are happy with the rental valuation we provide and feel that you would like us to market the property this can be done quickly and efficiently. It will involve one of our team visiting the property and compiling a set of draft property details.
With such a close knit team the production of draft marketing particulars can often be achieved on the same day as the initial visit enabling the process of marketing the property to be conducted as quickly as possible.
Graham Watkins & Co provides three letting services: Adverts Only; Let Only; Full Management.
Each of the services varies in its provision and can be tailored to suit individual needs.
Adverts Only Service Includes:
1. Advising as to the likely rental income.
2. Advertising and generally marketing the Property.
3. Taking up references including credit reference, and employer or previous landlord reference. Where necessary, additional security would be requested by means of a guarantor. In the case of a company, a full bank reference would be taken. The agent can give no warranties as to the suitability of a prospective tenant.
Let Only Service Includes:
Points 1-3 above plus:-
4. Preparing the tenancy agreement necessary for the Landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts.
5. Liaising with a Landlord's mortgagees where necessary with regard to references and tenancy agreement.
6. Taking a deposit from the tenant, dealing with this deposit under the requirements of the chosen deposit protection scheme until the end of the tenancy when the Property and contents have been checked for unfair wear and tear and handling any termination issues with the tenant and the tenancy deposit scheme provider.
Full Management Services Includes:
Points 1-6 above plus:-
7. Arranging with service companies (principally electricity gas & water) for meter readings and advising them of the transfer of service contracts to the tenant at the beginning of each tenancy, subject to the agent being advised of the provider.
8. Regular inspections of the Property are carried out on a quarterly basis. Responsibility for and management of empty property is not normally included, and will only be carried out by special arrangement.
9. Co-ordination of repair or maintenance including arranging for tradesmen to attend the Property and obtaining estimates where necessary, supervising works and settling accounts from rents received.
10. Making payments on behalf of the Landlord from rents received for costs in managing the Property.
11. Carrying out a property inspection and inventory check at the end of the tenancy and, if necessary, preparing and agreeing a schedule of costs relating to any damage or unfair wear and tear prior to releasing the deposit.
12. Collecting and forwarding Landlord's mail.
If you do not wish to have pets or young children living in the property please notify one of our team who will take note of such requirements.
In some circumstances it is possible to request a higher initial deposit in situations regarding pets to cover any possible damage that may occur.
If you have any other requirements please let one of our team know prior to any viewings taking place.
Viewings can be done by one of our team or if you wish to meet the prospective tenant yourself, you can conduct your own viewings.
If you wish for us to conduct your viewings we will require a set of keys to the property and will regularly update you with the results of such viewings.
If you wish to carry out the viewings yourself we will contact you immediately upon receiving a viewing request and arrange a suitable time to carry it out.
If someone would like to submit an application for the property we will contact you and notify you of such interest.
Once the application has been received it will be processed and a full reference will be obtained. Results produced by this reference will be discussed with you and you can give your approval/dismissal of the applicant.
Once we have gained your approval of the application we will notify the applicant and arrange a tenancy start date.
Once a start date has been set we will then formulate the tenancy agreement which we need to be signed by you and the tenant prior to the tenant moving in.
The tenant is required to provide us with a security deposit and the first months rent in advance. The security deposit is held by the DPS (Deposit Protection Service) and will be released when the tenant moves out (subject to approval).